Christmas is a time of traditions, celebration, and being with family, but we all know how family gatherings can sometimes be. For some, it is the best time of the year, and others are there just because they have to be. Let us help you make this year different! We have compiled a list of beers to make any Christmas occasion more enjoyable from the beginning to the end.
- Saint Arnold Lawnmower (Kolsch)
- Light and easy drinking. This is the perfect brew to break the ice with family and friends. While we wait for the table to be set and dinner to be served, you and your guests can kick back with one or more of a delicious Saint Arnold Lawnmower.
- A true German-style Kölsch. Originally brewed in Cologne, this beer is crisp and refreshing, yet has a sweet malty body that is balanced by a complex, citrus hop character. Multiple additions of German Hallertauer hops are used to achieve this delicate flavor. Saint Arnold uses a special Kölsch yeast, an ale yeast that ferments at lager temperatures, to yield the slightly fruity, clean flavor of this beer. Lawnmower is a world class brew yet light enough to be enjoyed by Texans after strenuous activities, like mowing the lawn.
- Style: American Kolsch
- Bitterness: 18 IBU
- Alcohol Content (ABV): 4.9%
- Galveston Island Tiki Wheat (American Wheat)
- The perfect beer to enhance all things dips and spreads. The American Wheat style will act as an extra ingredient to any app. Whether its cheese, meats or veg, the flavor profile for Tiki Wheat
- Rich wheat flavor combined with German Hallertau hops and a final dose of coriander. Makes for an EXTREMELY refreshing brew.
- Style: American Wheat
- Bitterness: 16 IBU
- Alcohol Content (ABV): 5.8%
- Eureka Heights Fruity Hazy (Hazy IPA)
- A great option to add contract to your Christmas meal. Best poured in a glass, this incredible Hazy IPA will contract all of the flavors on the table creating a perfect balance to some of the more heavy dishes like dressing, gravy and even cranberry sauce.
- Citra, Mosaic, Idaho 7 and Strata hops come together to create a huge tropical aroma with hints of citrus. Wheat and oats were added to the mash to give extra body to this balanced Hazy IPA.
- Style: Hazy IPA
- Bitterness: 40 IBU
- Alcohol Content (ABV): 6.3%
- Karbach Brewing Crawford Bock (Bock)
- This beer pairs perfectly with the 7th inning (dinner) stretch. Smooth and malty with enough body to hold up to any Christmas main you can throw at it, this beer should compliment literally any dish thrown at you!
- Style: Bock
- Bitterness: 15 IBU
- Alcohol Content (ABV): 4.5%
- Saint Arnold Tarnation (Strong Ale)
- Strong, dark and decedent, this beer can pair up with the most sweet or the most savory of desserts. Sip carefuly, as this is a 9% beer. Our suggestion is to pour about 8 oz at a time and sip before and after each bite of your favorite Christmas dessert.
- Easy, partner! This ain’t no run-of-the-mill ale you’re lookin’ at. Matter fact, this here bottle just so happens to contain the most rootin’ tootin’ strong ale this side of the Guadalupe! It’s rich, it’s malty, and it’s doggone tasty if we do say so ourselves. See, we brewed Tarnation just for you and your wild bunch to enjoy all year round. It’s made with four different malts, four different hops, and at 9.0% ABV, we’ll be darned if it ain’t one of the highest alcohol recipes ever kicked up with Kölsch yeast. Yep, this one’s so good you’ll be asking yourself… What in Tarnation?!
- Style: Strong Ale
- Bitterness: 53 IBU
- Alcohol Content (ABV): 9%
After Dinner Beer
- Karbach Brewing Love Street Light (Light Blonde Ale)
- After a day/evening full of food, fun and fullness, you are going to need something a little lighter that won’t continue to fill you up but is also extremely satisfying. Our choice to finish out the day with family and friends is Love Street Light with only 95 calories and 3g carbs, this is the perfect beer to round out the Christmas festivities.
- Love Street Light brings you all of the fresh flavors of a fantastic Blonde with fewer calories to keep you light on your feet well into the night.
- Style: American Wheat
- Bitterness: 10 IBU
- Alcohol Content (ABV): 4.2%
No matter the situation this holiday season, we hope these beers bring you and your family lots of cheer. They will for sure make for a fun and enjoyable dinner! From everyone at Del Papa Distributing- Merry Christmas!